Benefits of Olive Oil Hair Mask
Olive Oil Hair Mask:
Olive oil has many health benefits for the stomach, skin, heart and even the hair. The topical application of olive oil helps soften and enrich your skin and hair, improving how it looks and feels. Olive oil is an emollient, which means that it traps water and softens the skin and hair. In addition to this, olive oil is good for any hair type! Here, we will look at how to make an olive oil hair mask (with honey).
You Will Need:
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2-3 Vitamin-E capsules
- Airtight glass jars
- Basting brush or paintbrush
- Cling Film/ Shower Cap/Plastic grocery bag
- Pour the honey in an airtight glass jar and add the olive oil to it.
- Now, pierce the Vitamin-E capsules and squeeze them into the olive oil and honey mix.
- Whisk the mix until it becomes smooth.
- It shouldn’t be very sticky.
- Use a paint brush or basting brush to apply the mask on your hair. Pay more attention to your damaged hair ends.
- Make sure you apply the mask evenly all over your hair.
- Cover your hair up with a shower cap. You can also wrap it up in plastic film or cover it with a plastic grocery bag. If you have long hair, twist it loosely on the top of your head and clip it in place before you cover it with a shower cap or wrap it with film.
- Let the bag remain on your head for around 90 minutes. This will let your hair absorb most of the honey and olive oil mix.
- The heat generated inside the shower cap or wrap stimulates better absorption of the hair mask.
- Finally, rinse off the mix using warm water. Don’t use hot water.
- Your hair might be sticky or stiff initially, but it will soon become softer as the water washes away more of the hair mask.
- Use a natural shampoo (gentle ayurvedic shampoo) and a conditioner.
Shampoos that claim to be sulfate-free or surfactant free are the best ones for your hair. They are gentler than other shampoos. They don’t lather up as much, but they are just as effective.